Shelter in Place Sales Process
To continue to service the community needs and maintain transportation needs for essential services, we will practice the following measures when vehicles sales are required.
Online inquiries. Internet sales associates will be available to facilitate the vehicle sales negotiation utilizing remote application, through video conferencing, an online video, or by phone – whatever works best for the customer.
Offsite Deliveries. Whenever possible the vehicles will be delivered to the customer at their residence utilizing social distancing measures. When necessary, any documents not signed digitally or scanned in prior to delivery will be signed by the customer utilizing a new pen which they will be able to keep. All dealership required signature will be performed prior to delivery.
Limited Onsite Deliveries. When an onsite delivery becomes necessary, this will be done via a similar method as the offsite delivery. The customer will take delivery of the vehicle outside the dealership in an open area where 6 feet minimum distance can be easily maintained.
Test drives. Any test drive is performed without an employee accompaniment. The Customer will go alone.
• Face-to-face attempts to sell additional products. There is to be no “up-selling” at the consumer’s home; this is a delivery, not a sales call.
• In-person explanation of vehicle features. The traditional delivery process, where a delivery specialist explains how to use the features of the vehicle, in the same manner as the negotiation.
EMPLOYEE PRECAUTIONS AND CONDUCT
• Sick Employees - Stay Home. Only healthy employees who do not have a fever or cold-like symptoms should be permitted to perform deliveries.
• Hand Washing. - Wash hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
• Hand Sanitizer. - When soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Delivery drivers should carry hand sanitizer or if using a flat-bed delivery truck, keep a bottle of sanitizer in the truck.
• Clean and Disinfect. - Frequently used surfaces, including the steering wheel and door handles of delivery vehicles, should be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
• Disposable Gloves. - When checking a customer’s identification, or exchanging documents with a customer, wear disposable latex gloves. Use a fresh pair of gloves for each delivery.
• Social distancing. - The disease is spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes. To the extent available, use a mask and, to the extent possible, stay at least 6 feet away from other employees and customers. Do not touch surfaces in homes with bare hands. Do not touch face, eyes, nose or mouth without washing hands in between touching a person or surface.
-John Guru, General Manager